Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 5- What is in a name?

WOW, did I get a LOT done today. Today was the day I get together with friends and knit all day...OK, breakfast to dinner, but that is a long time! The ladies in my knitting group LURVED him! I got SO much done on David's dalek it is amazing!



Basically the outer shell is now done and the appendages are attached. Now I need to stuff and knit the base. Like a dork, I completely ran out of dalek innerds on my last dalek ( I bet this never happens to the real Davros!). I will probably go to the craft store this evening and pick up more stuffing. Although I don't think I'll knit anymore on him today.

I have been thinking...should we, the DTAT name David's dalek? Answer the poll...I'll give us a week. FYI: IF we name him I can make an adoption certificate to go with it...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks FANTASTIC!

I have to say let David name his own friend or, if it is decided to name him, call him Hamlet or Barrone.

Anonymous said...

I'm torn. Part of me feels that if we name it for him it makes the gift that much more personal.

However, fanboy that he is, I can see him getting quite a kick out of naming it himself.

(I'm afraid I'm no help at all.)

Anonymous said...

He looks brilliant! :-)

I'm not sure about naming him. I love the idea of sending an adoption certificate with him, but then I can imagine DT having fun coming up with a name. Maybe you could send an adoption certificate with the name left blank for DT to fill in himself, would that work?

Mrs Jo Smith said...

I say give him a blank adoption paper, so he can name him

Mrs Jo Smith said...

Barrone seems fitting!

Mrs Jo Smith said...

Barrone is the name I choose.

AfraidOfTheDark said...

I think blank could be cool.
Then his fanboy self could name his very own dalek :)

x