The Dalek for David website is now officially up and running. I have written a lot and I am asking you all a lot of questions I hope will take the time to answer and think about as we get this project started.
Feel free to comment or answer the questions asked on the webpage here or via e-mail dalek4david (at) martinleegore (d0t) com.
I hope that lots of you will participate in what I think could be a really fun project for David.
Alright, now I turn it over to all of you
Pam (aka Exterminknitter)
Gratuitous picture of David:

11 comments:
vthis is a great idea. willing to donate money and i think the brown suit combo is a good idea. the cascade 200 would work in my opinion.
1) The washable wool sounds wonderful.
2) I would be more than happy to contribute to the expenses. Paypal would make this happen much more quickly and with less annoyance to you.
3)Extra money.... Either charity is great and both are supported by DT so it would be a win/win.
4)I think the messages would be a great idea.
5)I like the suit colors idea.
6) I will gladly wait longer for this project.
I love this plan. To answer your questions...
1. The Superwash wool sounds best to me.
2. I'd be quite happy to denote through Paypal, it's definately the easiest way with us all being in different countries.
3. Accord, Headway or the AICR are the charities that David supports, so any of those would be perfect for any left over money.
4. Email messages to send with the Dalek is a great idea.
5. There are so many colour to choose from! I like the idea of a bronze new series Dalek, they're his Daleks like you say. Mind you, brown and cream might be cool as well. Which do you think will look better when it's finished?
6. I'm not in the queue so can't answer that (though if I was, I'd gladly wait)
1) Washable wool would be good if we can get together enough donations
2)I'm willing to donate, and Paypal seems like the easiest option to collect donations
3)I think that's a great idea
4)I'd love to do that
5)So many choices! The suit colours is a great idea, but so is a new series or classic one! Maybe you should do a poll?
6)I'm not in line for a Dalek at the moment (though I may PM you soon about making one for my Grandma's birthday 'cause she loved Terry and kept trying to steal him! But that doesn't need to be finished 'til November), so it wouldm't affect me if you bumped DT up to the top of the queue
I'm RowenaObsidian by the way, I forgot that my name on here was just alice!
Update: I am planning to have a poll, maybe next week after more people have weighed in? I just wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas. I will post the poll so we will be able to vote on David's Dalek.
Hydref: what is the AICR? I didn't know about that one!
I agree with what most people here have said. Go with the nice, washable wool - this is going to be one-of-a-kind in so many way, and we want it to stand the test of time! I would happily donate to a Paypal acct to help cover expenses, and I think donating the excess to one of the charities he supports would be wonderful. I think I am partial to him having a new-series Dalek myself, and I have no problem bumping David's up to the front of the queue, especially since it will take a long time to get a response from him anyway - let's not have to wait even longer!
I'm Jaradel by the way - have no idea why Google is using my true name!
The AICR is a cancer research charity that DT is an ambassador for. Some of the DTAT donated to them for his birthday this year - http://www.aicr.org.uk/DavidTennant.stm
More Pictures of David from SS please...and yes, I support your efforts but what does DTAT stand for...(I'm not sure of the AT part)
DTAT stands for David Tennant Appreciation Thread, which can be found at www.doctorwhoforum.com
Post a Comment