Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cascade 220 Superwash


Tonight I looked for and priced Cascade 220 Superwash. I found the colors I think we would need to do either a "New Series" or a "Brown Suit" dalek.

A "New Series" dalek will basically look like this:



A "Brown Suit" dalek would like something like this... I made it in paint and the colors aren't the best, but this is so you can get the idea:






Both dalek color schemes will need 4 skeins of yarn and I have found them for $9.49 (4.75 pounds) each plus shipping, because no one sells this superwash locally.

These two are the front runners right now, but does anyone else have any suggestions for color schemes?

I have also created a Paypal account for this project, using the e-mail dalek4david (at) martinleegore (dot) com. I don't know if people want to donate now, or wait until the yarn is bought? Whatever...

-Pam
-Extermiknitter

Gratuitous picture of David:

6 comments:

Modernchic said...

I love the brown suit dalek! My vote for that one. I will totally donate, but can't until payday (1st), that ok?

Great idea, great work!

YarnDavros said...

Anything at anytime is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Alice said...

I've just paid £5 to the PayPal account :) I like the look of the brown suit dalek, I think it's the best idea

Anonymous said...

Another vote for the brown suit one.
I get paid on the 26th so will donate through Paypal then if that's okay.

YarnDavros said...

PLease, donate whenever you are able...

Thanks people!

-Extermiknitter

The Editor said...

Definately a brown suit dalek!! Maybe for the book with the greetings you could cover it in shiny material or velvety material since his personal wardrobe runs that way.